Thursday, October 27, 2011

Back on the Dating Scene in the ATL!

Wow, life has been so crazy that I can not believe it's been a month since I last posted. I am going to do much better, I promise. Right now I'm going to give you guys a little update on what's been happening.

Now that I am fully immersed in my new life in Atlanta I thought it was time to begin dating again. So I've been on a few dates. Here's a little recap.

I met one gentleman and he seemed really nice. I wasn't completely sold on him but I was willing to give him a go so we went on a couple of dates and they were nice. Of course he took things way too far and seriously tried to sleep with me. I'm like "Dude, this is only our second date. Back off." Geesh. Anyway, after I escaped from his clutches with my virtue in tact I went home. We spoke on the phone a few times after that date which was fine then all of a sudden he breaks down and tells me that he and his ex girlfriend have decided to give it another go. Really? I didn't really care because we were just getting to know each other but dude, you were trying to sleep with me. What if I had decided to give in and have sex with you and then you give me that "I'm going back to my ex" phone call? Not cool at all. Get your relationships in order BEFORE you try to sex a woman up.

Next guy, we too went on a few dates. Things were OK although I know that we weren't going to progress any further. He was cool but definitely not the one. Anyway, a few days after our last date I noticed he hadn't called. I was actually relieved that I didn't have to have that awkward "It's not you, it's me" conversation but alas, he called. He felt compelled to confess that he was actually living with a woman and he couldn't leave her at this time because she was going through things and it wouldn't be right to leave her. Then why the hell are you in MY face then?

Men, don't bring your crap to my front door. I don't need it.



5 People saying stuff:

Anonymous said...

The sad thing is that I felt like I was reading the stories of my 2 closest single girlfriends. One in is NY and the other here in DC. Same crap, sprinkled up and down the east coast. Good luck in weeding through the bullsh*t to find someone worth dating.

Catherine said...

It was always kinda nice when I knew things weren't going to work out, and he just didn't call. Makes things a lot easier. It took me 4+ years post-divorce to find someone. Hang in there. :)

Jeni said...

Definitely do agree completely with your stance and statement about men who do things like that! One reason, right there, why I am much more content now to just stay home and busy myself doing the embroidery stuff and enjoying the grandkids! The prospect of being used again is what keeps me from missing that scene. Been there, didn't like it and enough is enough!

Freckle Face Girl said...

You're a brave woman! The dating world is such a pain. Good luck!

Tonya said...

wow that is craziness!