Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Should I/Shouldn't I?

Hey guys. Sorry I've been MIA lately. Been kinda crazy around these parts. Well Sunday was Mothers Day as we all know. Clueless' friend Officer S decided to have a cook out at her house and invited me. I thought "what the heck" and went to the cook out. My initial plans for the day were to just hold up at the house and stay put to avoid anything mother day-ee. ( I know that's not a word but work with me! lol)


There were a few people there when I arrived. I sat in the kitchen with Clueless and chatted away with her and Officer S's family that was also there. It was all pretty pleasant at first.


I was introduced to both of Officer S's brothers. Immediately I could tell that one of them took a liking to me. Every time I looked in his direction he was staring at me. When I wasn't looking at him I could feel his eye on me. He was kinda cute but not my type. Plus Officer S and I hang out every once in a awhile. It would be weird as hell to be out with her and have her know that I was boning her brother. Uuuhh....no. Too weird for me.

As I was saying my good bye's so that I could leave he made his move. He handed me a business card and told me to call him. I placed that card on my dresser and there it lays.

Is it weird to date an associates sibling? Am I the only one that would think it weird to hang with her knowing I'm dating her brother and she'd probably be privy to some personal stuff I wouldn't want her to know? Hmmmm...

On another subject, I got my hair done this past weekend. My hair is thinning so I decided to give it a rest for the first time ever and get some hair extensions sewn onto my head. It's weird because I never did this before but I must tell you I love it.

What's even weirder is that NOT ONE person suspected I was wearing hair extensions. No one mentioned my hair was different or asked what I did to my hair or anything. No one! I thought for sure people at work would realize I had extra hair. LOL I don't know what to think.

All I know is my weavologist is awesome!!!!!!

16 People saying stuff:

B said...

I say it wouldn't hurt just to go out and grab coffee with the guy. Plenty of people out there date and even marry a friends sibling/relative. I don't think it's that weird. It's hard enough to find decent guys, why cut out another % just because of who they're related too lol

SDC said...

You said he wasn't your type and you weren't really feeling him, so I probably wouldn't bother. If you felt there had been more of a connection, and he had been someone you saw yourself interested in, I'd say give it a shot.

The Dish said...

Both of the previous commenters make good points. But, you know me, I say go for it!

Karen said...

I don't think it is weird to date a associate's brother at all. Heck meeting people through friends is totally common. But if you weren't feeling him, then don't start. I think it would be wrong to lead some on like when you know his sister

JStar said...

I say since you are planning to move, then dont get nothing started...But hey, free drinks and a meal wont hurt one bit...

Jeni said...

Go ahead and go out with the guy! Looks like that idea is one that all of us here agree with and heck, you really don't have anything to lose just with one or two dates -just to see if you have enough more in common to build on. As "B" said, lots of folks even marry siblings! I can think of three families here in this village where three brothers married three sisters. And I know lots of folks who married their best friend's siblings too. Nothing ventured, nothing gained, ya know.

Del-V said...

If you aren't feeling it, don't give him any false hope. It will make things weird between you and your friend if you just let it go.

Anonymous said...

Nobody noticed the braids I got done while in the Bahamas either, so don't worry too much with it.

Debbie said...

I think if you like the guy, go for it!
And I have been crazy busy and awol around here too!

Tonya said...

I don't know about the whole brother thing. It could be good and it could be bad. Tough call. Glad you like the new hair!

Menopausal New Mom said...

I would love to have a weave to thicken my hair!! Awesome, no wonder the guys were checking you out girl! Bet you looked great!

Although not sure I would want to date the brother of a friend or associate. I guess if he was super hot and I was really attracted to him, I'd go for it but if he was so, so, probably not.

Unknown said...

Go with your gut. Not your type? Not your type. Though if he was, I would totally do lunch with him!

Stesha said...

Since there is no attraction on your part, don't waste your time. And what if he's one of those guys that tells his sister every little details of your date? No. Thanks.

Hugs and Mocha,
Stesha

Red Shoes said...

Hmmm... no attraction? I wouldn't...

Just sayin'... ;o)

~shoes~

megabrooke said...

that's good he gave you his card! i wish he asked for your number though... but we won't fault him for that. i say give him a call. what's the worst that can happen? and you have your new HOH to boot!

Unknown said...

You never know, he may be really fun away from the get together. I would just go out and have coffee. If anything, at least you'd get a free cup of coffee or something.