Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Turn On's and Turn Off's

I’ve dated many different men over the years. Different shapes and sizes and colors but they all have a similar theme. They were all clean cut guys.

Men with hair too long or excess tattoos or piercings really turn me off. One or two tats are fine and a piercing on the ear is fine with me, in fact I think that is sexy, but beyond that I can’t deal.

I was looking at pics of Michelle “Bombshell” McGee and thinking to myself eeeiiiiiwwww! How could anyone think all that was sexy? I mean really. Yuck. I look at guys with tats all up and down their arms and on their necks and face like the rapper Lil Wayne and can’t help but be grossed out.

Tongue rings are another no no for me. I couldn’t imagine trying to kiss someone with all that going on in their mouth.

What do you guys think? Do tattoos and piercings turn you on or off?


24 People saying stuff:

Moooooog35 said...

I'm pretty heavily focused on whether or not the person I'm seeing has a vagina to be concerned with such trivialities.

Jeni said...

I'm with you on this stuff. I guess I just don't understand -or see -the beauty or sexiness of all kinds of tattoos and piercings do absolutely nothing for me. As you said, one piercing is fine but more than that is just overkill in my book. And some of these strange earrings too -like a guy I met who had one in his earlobe that was about the size of an eyeball and made the ear seem to hang down -not symmetrical then to the other ear -and the whole time he talked to me, I found myself drawn to just looking at this weird ear piercing. I just saw nothing attractive about it at all and yet, couldn't stop looking at it -which really annoyed me then too.

★Starrla said...

I could live with a couple of tattoos on a guy but piercings are indeed a turn off.

JStar said...

I agree with you 100%...Just not sexy at all to me...I like a clean cut guy as well that is well groomed...I have 4 tats, that are all hideable...I wish I didnt get them all, but that was a time period in my life so I have no choice but to accept them...I mean tho, how can you hide a massive amount of tats? Who will hire you? I am not into that grungy look at all...But hey, some men and women are if thats thier thing...

Stesha said...

Piercings on a guy are a deal breaker for me. I don't find them attractive at all.

Hugs and Mocha,
Stesha

Unknown said...

No tats, no piercings, no thank you.

But some shaggy hair and a little scruff on your chin. Sold me on my husband. Mmmm

Karen said...

I don't mind tattoo. I actually like them. But I do try to look at the person before anything else.

Karyn Beach said...

A tattoo or two on a guy are okay especially if they aren't obvious. Piercing, beyond the ear, is not cool. I do, however, have a pierced belly button. Since I don't do bare midriffs, most people don't know I have it. However, the last guy I dated couldn't stand it and would comment about it all the time.

Freckle Face Girl said...

I agree! There are lots of people here covered in tattoos & full of piercings. I don't find it attractive. Plus, the older they get the worse it looks.... yuck!

Unknown said...

I've mainly dated clean cut guys without piercings. I think that if he has a tat or two, I'm okay with it but piercings are maybe where I draw the line.

Senorita said...

I can live with a piercing, but I can't stand tattoos.

Long hair is okay on a tall, buffed olive-skinned man. Otherwise, it's a total deal breaker.

dmarks said...

I don't think I could ever kiss a girl with a beard.

ByHisGraceOnly said...

I wouldn't say they turn me off or on. It all depends on the person. Travie McCoy has all those piercings and I am so attracted to him. I think it's more for me than the actual piercing or tattoo it's the personality behind all that.

shorty said...

I must be the freak of the group. I've dated all types of men. I will have to posts their pics to see how diff they all are.

I've dated guys w/ multiple normal earrings, tongue piercings, prince albert peircing, from no tats, to upwards of 10, half sleeves.

I find nipple tattoos on a man..HOT HOT HOT. Not sure why. Just my thing. I on the other hand do not like the scruff look. I like bald or enough to grab onto. Keep the facial hair out of my way, hurts my thighs :), unless they have a goatee they can put in a ponytail and tickle my ass with.

Ok. Aren't you glad you asked?

Anonymous said...

Excessive tattoos and piercings are not sexy to me. However, some tattoos are nice pieces of art. I knew a guy (great surfer body) who had this tribal art from his left buttocks, up his side and a portion of his back, over the left shoulder and ending just behind his left ear. It was really cool, unique and amazing artwork.

Renaissance Woman said...

I find tattoos very sexy. Not always the same about piercings but love tattoos.

The Dish said...

Tattoos don't bother me. Piercing are gross. No long hair either. And I am not a fan of facial hair either. Man, I am a picky bitch, huh?

Mike Lowrey said...

Lol @ Moooooooog35. Classic

@ Shorty, I don't have any tats but I'm thinking I need to ask you out on a date, lol.

I've been thinking about getting two tats for a while now. I want my daughter's name over my heart.

I think tats on women are soooo sexy. Not all over the place just in certain spots like a License plate or a tit tat for example.

Piercings as long as it's not super crazy are cool. I dated a chick with her nips pierced so hot.

But I'm pretty much focused on the tits and ass. If you got enough of both I can certainly cut a woman some slack.

Tonya said...

I like tats as long as they aren't EVERYWHERE. My hubby has them on his back so I am the only one who really sees them often. He did have his tongue pierced and I refused to kiss him so he got rid of it ;)

Just telling it like it is said...

I don't mind tatoos or piecings...but a nipple ring turns me off!

Bossy Betty said...

I am with you. I like a tattoo only if it looks like a snack food I might enjoy.

Red Shoes said...

My daughter has a sleeve on her left arm... I wish she didn't...

I fluctuate from short hair to long hair... probably not really THAT long... but I got a hair cut last week... that is SHORT!!!!

I do have to admit, I have received quite a few compliments... :oD

~shoes~

The Ambiguous Blob said...

I'm covered in tattoos. I LOVE them. Piercings? Notsomuch. But I wouldn't turn a hot hottie down if he had a piercing. Mmmm tattoos are gorgeous. I was talking to a friend of mine the other day about culture- west coast culture = practically everyone over 20 has at least one. Other places are much more conservative.

imbeingheldhostage said...

Tatts do bother me if they're extreme. A classy discreet one could be sexy, but full body covering, nah. I saw a woman yesterday with a full back tattoo. The bad thing was that her artist wasn't any good. She'll have this huge warped bird on her back for the rest of her life.

I LOVE long hair. I don't watch the World Cup for the game ;-)