Saturday, February 12, 2011

Today Was A Good Day

Today was sunny and warm and I loved it! Spent the whole day shopping with my girlfriend here in Stone Mountain.

I really enjoy hanging out with my girl but I am very sensitive to her husband's feelings. I do not want him to think I am coming down to GA and have his wife running the street all the time. That is certainly not going to be my plan. Don't get me wrong, he was very cool and wanted her to go out for a day of shopping but I am sure that he wouldn't want that to be a weekly activity.

I will not be the one to put a wedge between the two of them or our friendship for that matter so I will limit the amount of time we hang so that her husband won't get upset but I sure did have a good time.

Am I wrong for wanting to be sensitive to my girls marriage?


6 People saying stuff:

Queen-Size funny bone said...

its nice that you appreciate his feelings but the decision is hers to make. glad you had a good time.

Anonymous said...

Interesting thoughts. I'm inclined to agree with Queen-size funny bone. Only she can determine how much time is appropriate to spend with you. Are you saying this based on information about their marriage that makes you think this will be a problem? I guess I just don't quite get it. I don't think I would say you're wrong, but it would seem that you're creating an issue where there may not be one.

Unknown said...

It is sweet of you to think of her and the marriage but she is capable of making up her mind if she's being pulled away from spending time with her husband. I'm sure she looks forward to spending time with you and my guess is if it had been a problem, her husband would've mentioned it to her. Relax and enjoy the time together.

Jeni said...

Sure, she is capable of making up her own mind but I don't think that is the point you had intended to put across. I like the thought that you want to have her as a friend but don't want to do things that her husband might construe in a wrongful way. The words of "Do unto others as you would have them do unto you" come to mind here and I think by your actions, that's exactly what you are doing! No point to getting others riled up, ya know and as I see it here, you're taking easy steps to keeping a balance set up and ongoing with both parties in that relationship. Not a thing wrong with that!

Just telling it like it is said...

No I think it is thoughtful...but it really matters on what kind of relationship they have. some men want their wives to have somewhat of their own life and girl friends to hang with...You'll just have to feel it out...until then...we can hang out!

Tonya said...

I think you are being a great friend for thinking about her and her marriage in that way. It's called putting others first!