Monday, April 28, 2008

UGH!!!!

Ok I am on a war path at the moment.

I live in a pretty quiet, safe neighborhood. I’ve lived here for close to 6 years now. I enjoy it here, for the most part. I’ve had no problems from neighbors, except the loud ass barking dogs or some jerk parking in front of my house but that’s it, pretty peachy living.

While living in my current home I have had the occasion to have many packages delivered via UPS, FedEx or USPS. They’d usually leave said packages on the front porch and go on about their business.

Well on one such occasion, I was expecting a delivery of a body scrub I found on eBay that Bath and Body Works used to sell but no longer do (bitches) as well as a 4 version comparison bible to replace the other one I told you all about. I’d come home everyday in search of my precious packages when I figured they should arrive. Nothing.

Several days later I hear a knock on my door. I walk over and ask who it is to find my neighbor whom I’ve never actually seen before. Upon opening the door I noticed he held in his hands the boxes that my items SHOULD have come in. At first glance I was ecstatic but of course that was short lived as one of the boxes was empty.

“Hi, I’m your neighbor Ken. I found these over on the hill. Apparently some boys have been going around taking peoples packages from their porches and opening them and taking what they want.”

Ok, I was in total disbelief. “Oh really?” was the only response I could conjure up.

“Yeah. I’ve caught them running from my porch before. They keep taking my packages and I get a delivery almost every day for my job.” He held out the empty box that used to hold my body scrub, “They seemed to have taken whatever was in here but they left this other item.” He then held out the torn open box that the bible was wrapped in. Figures those heathen ass punks wouldn’t want a bible.

I thanked him, grabbed the boxes then shut the door. I suddenly became incensed. How dare these punks come onto my porch and take something that belongs to ME. Something I paid my hard earned money for. How dare they? The more I thought about this the angrier I got.

This kind of thing never happened before, UGH! So now I can’t even have things delivered to my own damn house.

I found this fantastic cell phone that I wanted on eBay that I ordered and you better believe I had that sucker delivered to my job this time because if those bastards had stolen my $250 phone, I swear I would have gone on a murderous rampage of the whole entire neighborhood until I felt better. That could easily have taken at least a year..... or more. Who's to say.

28 People saying stuff:

Lys said...

Now that just sucks! Oh I'd smack those kids if I could. Grrrr.

Anonymous said...

People are assholes. This is one reason why around the Holidays people here at work have their packages shipped to work.

Tai said...

Oh I feel you on that one! I would have been furious too! Ugh....I always get nervous about having things delivered to my home as well for that very reason.

Sandi McBride said...

Umm, Diva Darling, now I'd like to say Damn them the little asses...how dare they??? But the cop that still lingers inside me says "for heavens sake, pick up the phone, call the police, make an incident report, have them set a trap for the little bastards and watch their parents hide their faces in shame at what they made...call the Postal Authorities (Federal Offense you know, messing with the mail...big time trouble!) Oh thank goodness I got that off my chest! No, really, call the law...that's what you pay them for, girlfriend...almost said us, lol
Sandi
ps...have you noticed that word verification is screwed the hell up? May take me a few minutes to get this posted

Anonymous said...

Aaah, that's frustrating and freakin' annoying!!!

Adrianne said...

Wow I would have felt so violated. That is horrible I am so sorry Diva!!!

Vi said...

That's absolutely shocking!!!!!

What little turds!

Karen said...

Your neighbor who saw the kids should call the police. Just because they are kids, they shouldn't get any slack.

Chari said...

Ooooooo. No more packages to the house!

The Ambiguous Blob said...

I always wonder if a package will still be there when I get home and it's delivered during the day.
I'd be just as bummed as you if it wasn't.

magnoliapeach said...

You need to do a bible drive by if you ever see those kids again!
WTH boys need with body scrub anyway?!

Eb the Celeb said...

that really sucks... i dont understand if the neighbor knows who the boys are that are doing it... why hasnt he reported it?

Joe said...

How horrible.

When my apartment was buglarized years ago I remember feeling violated, but mostly I was angry that someone had stolen so many things that I'd worked so hard for.

I'd leave empty packages on my doorstep just to catch them.

Anonymous said...

I never really understood why UPS/FEDEX or whomever felt the need to live shyt on your porch. I mean what kind of sense does THAT really make? And what makes it worse, they don't deliver on Saturdays. Ummm why? I know you were beyond heated adn I hope whoever they gave that scrub to (gawd forbid they kept it for themselves) it gives them 3rd degree burns and hives. LOL!

1/3 said...

oh wow:-( Well I'm glad you figured out a solution but still..u would think your porch would be safe..smh.

Rita said...

OMG! that just sucks big time and it creates such a hassle for you that you want things to be delivered at your house and now you cna't even do that in fear of those idiots taking what belongs to you.
:(
i'm so sorry!

CarmenSinCity said...

Damn - that totally fucking sucks. I would be really pissed off too. Actually, I felt the same way you did when my house was broken into and that girl stole all my stuff. It was a horrible feeling. Smart move having the boxes delivered to your job!!

lisa q. said...

It so sucks that you can't even trust people to leave shit on your porch alone. I've gotten to where I won't let delivery companies leave things if I'm not home. I've trekked out to Fed Ex to pick up a package more than once. It's a pain in the butt, but better than what you've gone through.

Don said...

I swear I would have gone on a murderous rampage of the whole entire neighborhood until I felt better.

LOL.

it's getting worse out here by the day, aint it. people, especially younger people, just don't care anymore. and really don't have to be triggered to show how they no longer care.

yeah, they had no use for the bible.

La Cremiere said...

nickwit. I hate them for you. my delivery man does it too. he leaves packages on my doorstep but my neighbours are cool and i always find the package but I am now in dispute with my favorite website because I bought a PS 3 and I don't want them to leave it on my porch so I asked them to deliver it to my office and they froze my account assuming I stole my credit card and try to get it delivered somewhere else. Somehow it is fair enough but as you can imagine I am pretty pissed off with no PS3 and no account.

Daryl said...

Oh I empathize . totally . I think I'd be SO mad I would stalk those punks and then turn them over to their parents or the cops .. how totally obnoxious ... Daryl

Anonymous said...

My neighbor has had porch theft of his empty bottles & can returns. He was so angry he p*ssed in them. Hasn't had a problem since.

dmarks said...

We've had guys who steal the morning paper out of the box before I wake up. Not as bad, but similar.

Once they did it for weeks on end (the big expensive sunday one). We ended it merely by waking up very early one morning to get the paper right after it was delivered, and then putting a weeks-old paper in the box. The thief apparently didn't like old news and stopped stealing for a long time.

James Tubman said...

i'm sorry about what happenend

the hood is not the only place where crime goes on lol

sometimes they can happen in "safest" communities

as long as we ignore and try to escape the problems that face us they will eventually track us down in effect us in some way

what can you say

david mcmahon said...

Here in Oz it's a federal offence to remove mail or parcels addressed to anyone else, so I guess you have legal recourse there as well.

Grim Reality Girl said...

The shipment through UPS are usually insured for $100 as a basic rule. If you did not sign for it, in theory this is likely to be covered by the insurance as a lost / damaged / stolen package. Contact the seller and let them know the package never arrived (or if you prefer, let them know an empty box arrived delivered by the neighbor). The shipper of the item should be able to file a claim and get your your money back.

Next, call the UPS 800 number and complain. Let them know what is going on. UPS (and FedEx, and DHL) drivers are empowered to leave packages on porches in neighborhoods where they expect no harm. If the driver has any worries they will require the signature before leaving the package. (My UPS drive ROCKS and leaves packages hidden on my open front porch, love him). You can also ask shippers to require a signature (there is usually a small charge).

Also, I'm with Sandi and would want to bust the little bastards who caused this inconvenience.

Best of luck!

Cath said...

That is so annoying! Ugh indeed!

It is a criminal offence in the UK too to "interfere" with the mail (including opening mail not addressed to you) but I guess the difficulty is in catching them and then proving it was them.

I think using the work address is wise...
Over from david's btw

CC Solomon said...

I live across from a halfway house for teen boys (did not know it when I moved in with my friend who was already there- set up!) anywho, best believe I get all packages delivered to my mother's house and take the trip there (only about 25 minutes) to get it!