Monday, March 23, 2009

Who Am I?

Ok, if you ask any of my friends to describe me, a domesticated homebody would not come to mind. There has been a certain shift in the cosmos that has me a litte rattled.

Lately, I've been gathering recipes that I run across and actually cooking them! What in the world!!???!!! I know! This is quite shocking but it gets worse.

My desire to try different recipes has progressed to a point that I've actually purchased a box to place them all in and get this.....I'm even excited about gathering alot more recipes.



What has happened to me???


19 People saying stuff:

CarmenSinCity said...

Seriously girl - WHAT has happened to you? I am shocked and appalled!!

Melissa said...

Wow...collecting recipes? That's a great thing though!

Anonymous said...

Domestic Diva. Very cool I think.

We have the same kitchen thing going on! I love my chefs.

Jeni said...

Next step is that you find yourself drawn -like a moth to the flame -to the cookbook shelves in the book stores. Then you buy a nice, pretty cookbook and before you know it, you've become addicted to buying the cookbooks! You may still try a recipe here and there from them, but more and more cookbooks sitting on the shelves and because you spend so much time looking at the yummy photos, drooling over them, the only marks on the cookbooks become the dried-in drool! Then, if you do decide to try a specific recipe, by the time you've made a decision, you realize it is too late in the day to fix that and thank goodness there is this thing called carry-out or you'd surely starve to death!

Renaissance Woman said...

I love that you are actually trying the recipes. I always pull them out and put into my box (hand write each) and almost never do I actually make them. What ever is happening to you...could you pass my way.

Anonymous said...

You've been taken over by the Domestic Devil thats reincarnated in each of us once we've realized we can't sustain on fast food or microwavable treats..lol

Anonymous said...

Oh god! I hope it's not contagious! Yikes!

Terri said...

hahaha; it happens to us all at some point or another; domesticity kicks in high gear. Next it'll be that biological clock!

*Tanyetta* said...

oh snap! check you out :)

shorty said...

You need a man who take you OUT for dinner.

Other than that, you might just be bored or a sophiscated woman.

I'll give you my addy and you can mail me some food!

Anonymous said...

I bought one of those recipes box things. The only thing I keep in it is a stray hair scrunchee.

Karyn Beach said...

My inner Martha Stewart is strong. The other day, I found out there is a sequel to my favorite cookbook coming out. I actually let out a shout of joy at the mailbox, then I remembered I was standing at the mailbox. As someone said earlier, a Diva cannot live by Fillet-O-Fish value meals alone!

Queen-Size funny bone said...

Its a nesting syndrome.

All-Mi-T [Thought Crime] Rawdawgbuffalo said...

becoming an adult

Moooooog35 said...

If you're barefoot while doing this cooking, then what you've actually become is my dream girl.

Congratulations!

*~*Cece*~* said...

That is totally me too! I've never been one for cooking, I let Mister do it all, but the last few months I'm the QUEEN of the kitchen! I have to say my cooking now ROCKS! Although I don't have a fancy recipe box, just an over stuffed manila folder in the desk filing cabinet. *sigh* One day...

imbeingheldhostage said...

Trauma. You are suffering post traumatic stress disorder from the fire, you are collecting things. I knew it would happen, but with recipe cards? I collected things to dust.

Lailani Ali said...

I go through phases where I am compelled to bake. Every single day. I don't even like baked goods much. I'll just take batches of cookies and muffins and cupcakes in to work and leave them in the kitchen and pick up the plate later. It's a nesting instinct or something, but I don't quite know how to use it to my advantage and it strikes unpredictably.

SingleLADY said...

I have been reading your blog for a couple months now and I think it is absolutely hilarious. The first one i read was the Confession of a Hotel Maid... so funny.

I must say that this domestication thing is happening to me too. Look at this website I found today.

http://food.aol.com/frugal-feasts?ncid=emlcntusfood00000001

keep the posts coming :)