Monday, July 27, 2009

The View From My Window

Weddings are not what they used to be. I remember not so very long ago that when you attended a wedding you were in the same room as the bridal party. I guess things have changed my friends.

I attended a wedding this weekend that had all the makings of a beautiful event. A quaint restaurant located on a marina overlooking water and boats docked at the pier. It was lovely.

That was until we walked into the venue and realized there were no seating cards so it was a free for all in regards to where to sit. Great. I already had some trepidations about going as I was attending solo and wasn’t sure who I was going to be seated next to.

Seating fiasco averted the ceremony began and the party started marching in. Imagine my sheer shock when they marched into the room adjacent to where we were. We had to view the entire wedding through a glass window pane. Good times.


27 People saying stuff:

Teri Lynne Underwood said...

WHAT? That is crazy! Hope you didn't get too dressed up for that!! And that the food at the reception was AMAZING!!!

B said...

Uh...WTF?! Why even invite people if you're going to keep them seperated!

I have a friend who's in a wedding later this year and they aren't having assigned seating and it's a 2 level venue! I can't wait to hear the horror stories!

Anonymous said...

People just don't think. I wrote a WHOLE post about stupid things people do at weddings. I think it's at the end of May.....

Jeni said...

I find that both amazing and appalling! WTF kind of wedding is that anyway?

Mike said...

LMAO. I guess they didn't want to be associated with you.

The Dish said...

That is so crazy nonsense. Hope you enjoyed yourself anyways!

Terri said...

well that's a little out there...not sure I'd enjoy that.

Karyn Beach said...

Maybe you should have left their gift behind a glass partition and let them 'see' it that way too.

sarasophia said...

WEIRDNESS. Seriously. Odd.


Hopefully robo-couple will have a happy life together...that is until they conceive their robo-children and run into all the difficulty, cost wise, in constructing the plexi-glass nursery.

Stopping by from BlogHop '09--nice to meet you and hopping you will come and visit as well.
Kind of desperate for comments to my latest post....

I will be following along from now one--can't miss out on seeing what happens at the NEXT wedding you attend!

<3 sarasophia
tout-est-des-roses.blogspot.com

Karen said...

Huh? I don't even understand how that would work?? My step brother got married earlier this year and it was a LONG ceremony with about a zillion different singers. I had to sneak out at one point to use the potty and I was prohibited from re-entering the room. I wouldn't have distrub anyone!! So I missed the wedding, but I had an extra 45 minutes at the cocktail hour!

Queen-Size funny bone said...

The venue was probably too small for what she wanted and she had to compromise. Very crazy,and seating is like musical chairs

sarasophia said...

Thank you so much for commenting!!

<3 sarasophia

Noelle said...

I agree with Karyn Beach - plus maybe you should have left the card off the gift - if they like free-for-alls they can have one when they try to write their thank you notes.

Liam said...

ha ha ha ha, that's too good. I was killing myself laughing reading this post. I brought myself to tears.

Michelle said...

Oh my goodness. A Wedding through a window! How fabulous!

ugh.

*Tanyetta* said...

ummmm....what the heck??????

Rachel said...

Wow, really? I would HATE that, if I were a guest or the bride.

Sandi McBride said...

Perhaps they were hoping to avert a Swine Flu epidemic? I'd tell them there gift was behind a pane of glass...the shop window, lol!
Sandi

JennyMac said...

WHAT? Wow...I have never quite heard of the "though the looking glass" version. BOO. Hope it was open bar? Or at least some very good Cabernet being served.

Tonya said...

well at least you know what NOT to do at your wedding :)

Anonymous said...

That's bizarre. I went to a funeral where the family sat hidden in a room off the altar. Crazy!

Anonymous said...

That is the most ridiculous thing I've ever heard. Why bother inviting guests?

SMILF said...

Okay that is just strange. It's like you were watching a wedding on TV? "Look into the glass box and see what a wedding looks like.." WTF

Hyla said...

Wow! That is crazy!

Stopping by from BlogHop!

Sincerely
Hyla
http://greenearthjourney.com

lisaq said...

WTF??? Why even invite people if you're not going to really let them experience the event with you? Craziness!

Anonymous said...

Weddings truly aren't what they used to be. Just look at that wedding video of the folks that were dancing down the aisle all crazy. Whatever happened to the wedding party just coming down the aisle with some sense of class? SMH!

imbeingheldhostage said...

That is insane.