Friday, March 26, 2010

Your Place is Nasty!

OK, so have you ever gone to some one's home and as soon as you walked through the door you immediately regretted going to visit them? There is crap all over the place. Shoes here, clothes there, food over here. Just a complete mess. Then the person has to clear a spot for you to sit down. You look around but try to not show the disgust on your face.

A little while into the visit your friend asks you if you'd like something to eat. You can't shake your head no fast enough.

You feel your skin crawl because you can just imagine what nasty furry creatures are crawling around under the pile of crap on the floor next to the TV on your left.

10 mins into the visit you can't take it anymore and make excuses and bolt for the front door to make your escape.

Has this ever happened to you? Yeah, me either.


14 People saying stuff:

Stesha said...

I once visited a coworker's home that reeked of urine. The smell hit me as soon as she opened the door. I could have fainted right there on the spot...but I didn't. Instead I made small talk and got the heck out of there. The sad part is that she lived alone.

Hugs and Mocha,
Stesha

Jeni said...

Oh Baby! Sounds like a visit to my house, for sure! Never know what to expect when one opens the door at this place. Messy is probably the most operative word for my house with toys scattered about much of the time, the table cluttered with anything from folded laundry to newspapers, mail, just about anything! We are not total slobs but pretty darned close to it. Anyone coming here and expecting neat, clean, attractive -disappointment will abound. The place isn't a total pigsty ALL the time but rarely is every bit of the downstairs all neat and pretty. We won't even discuss the upstairs as that would be way too much of a culture shock I'm sure. But you can expect coffee or tea -all you can drink. Occasionally we even have other kitchen type goodies that might be offered too -if it's an unplanned visit. If it's an expected visit though, I do try to serve decent meals whenever I can plus lots of entertainment too from two of the most adorable grandkids ever -also sometimes two of the loudest and seemingly worst behaved kids on the planet too in the off chance one happens to stop by and the kids are engrossed in a meltdown display -something commonplace in autistic children.
But the odds are you'll feel loved and welcome provided you can turn a bit of a blind eye to a lot of stuff -like cats, kittens, a lively dog too which inhabit the place with us.
LOL

Karen said...

Seriously! I thought we agreed you weren't going to talk about your visit to my house.

Unknown said...

Umm, yes, and it grosses me out. I'm not a clean freak but how do you live like that?


I don't know, can't cook if there is even a dish in the sink, have to be able to walk around barefoot without getting anything stuck to my feet, house needs to smell nice, all toilets need to be close to sprarkly...

Maybe I am a clean freak?

Senorita said...

This happened to me twice when I was looking for a place to live. I really couldn't believe it. And one of those people said that she even cleaned the place a little before I got there. I was wondering what "dirty" was for her. Unbelievable.

Freckle Face Girl said...

We had neighbors like that when I was growing up. I always felt sorry for their kids.

Sandi McBride said...

Thank God...NO...but now I'll be having nightmares...
Sandi

Tonya said...

Yes but I couldn't get out of it that easily and it was really hard for me because my 9 year old almost refused to go in because it smelled so bad on top of it. UGH

Queen-Size funny bone said...

this has happened to me in someones car also...

The Dish said...

Yep. I used to have a friend who lioved with her brother and their apartment was disgusting. She wondered why I never wanted to come over. Duh.

Vi said...

sounds like you've been visiting ME! On a bad day anyway. I do try at least keep the kitchen clean!

Just telling it like it is said...

Oh yes...and I felt like I needed a hot shower afterward...

Moooooog35 said...

No..hasn't happened to me.

Would you like something to eat?

Maggie said...

One of my bestie's is like that. I stopped by the other week cause I had to use the bathroom and her place was on the way. Let's just say I really have a disgust for public restrooms, but once I saw the living room, kitchen and hallway I decided that I didn't have to go as bad and stopped at a gas station. She didn't even make an excuse for it just acted like it should have been a normal thing. No food no drink not even if I open it myself cause there has got to be some ish floating through the air.