Thursday, February 28, 2008

A Mish Mosh

Well...not much going on with me per se. Life is moving right along and I am loving it right about now.

The Analyst received some pretty shattering news yesterday. He was fired from his job. He felt it was coming. There was tension and behind the back talking and he was even written up by his manager. I feel really bad for him because he is mad, scared, ashamed and a whole host of other emotions all wrapped up in one. He is worried about how he will pay his bills and its a valid concern because he has some pretty mountainous bills not to mention child support to his ex wife.

Unemployment is a complete joke. Who in the world can survive off of $380 a week? I mean come on. Not when you are used to making upwards of $75K a year. Some things will clearly have to go by the wayside and I feel bad for him.

He is scouring head hunters and job boards now trying to find something as soon as possible and I pray he does...for his sake.

Although our future together is none existent as chronicled in this blog I still feel compelled to try and help as much as possible but there is only so much I can do to be honest so we'll see how this thing pans out.

I just feel really bad for him but trying to put on a brave front for him that every thing's going to be OK. I'm not really sure exactly what to do in this situation but I'll wing it I supposed.

On a brighter note, mom seems to be flourishing in her new assisted living apartment. I am so happy about that you have no idea. There is such a load lifted from my shoulders now that she's taken care of. She even managed to go downstairs for a social meet and greet for an hour yesterday. Hot damn! LOL

27 People saying stuff:

Nicole P said...

I don't know the situation, but I think that it is hard for any man to be unemployed....okay, let me rephrase that. I think it is hard for any responsible-for-himself-at-least-financially-man to be unemployed. My husband went through this a couple of years ago and got really really depressed over the whole thing.
Good Luck with it.

Anonymous said...

I hope he's able to find a new job! It's scary to be unemployed since you have no idea how long it may last!

I'm happy to hear your mom is doing awesome in her new place!

ME said...

I can only imagine the varying emotions he is going through. I'm sure it's hard to see now, but I truly believe these things happen for a reason. And when one door closes another one opens.

Good news on your mom! I bet that is a HUGE relief for you!

shorty said...

Just another hold up for you though, isn't it?

It's good he has you in his life, I hope he appreciates you in ways money can't buy.

Ms.Seven Supa Sized said...

Glad your mom is doing well.

Chari said...

Lol, I am glad for your mom and you.


I will be praying for the other situation...

Anonymous said...

I'm glad to hear the good news about your mom!

laughing said...

Is the Analyst still there?

Maybe he can move back in with his mommy?

The $380 a week thing is a mystery. It seems to stay just about that regardless of how much you have put into it. You would think that some people would get paid that, and some other people would get paid more like a thousand and so on. Or maybe I'm wrong, and maybe that's all any of us puts into it.

Ms.Honey said...

Glad your mom is doing well...sometimes worrying about our fam can cause us the most stress...hope he finds something soon..looking for a job is a job

So@24 said...

Finding a great head hunter is crucial. Guh.

Reading this entry just made me appreciate my employment so much more

Adrianne said...

I hope he finds a new job. I think that is great that you want to help him however would he help you if you were down and out. Did he show you concern when you were dealing with your mother and how concerned you were?

Just food for thought

Also I am so happy that your mother is doing better. She seems to be fitting in already. You are such a good daughter.

Vi said...

bad news about analyst.. esp since he's still livign with you! Great news about your mum!!!

I don't know if I emailed you or not, but I've got some pics up for 24 hours. I know you hate it when you miss out. x

Pageant Mom said...

Good luck on the job hunting... after almost 20 years at mine, I'm not really sure how I would react!

Glad your mom is okay! A little relief for you I am sure!

Karen said...

You are a good person. But don't get sucked in to helping him too much. Don't let him take advantage of you.

Mizrepresent said...

That's great lady! I could just feel you smiling after this post, despite the Analyst's misforgivings!

That girl said...

He'll find something new. And probably something that he'll end up liking more than the previous employment.

Usually it just takes a month or two to see the positive side of such a devastating situation.

You're being a good friend.

Billy said...

I am glad your mom is doing well. She will be a social butterfly before too long.

Don said...

$75,000 a year...I fell bad for him myself. Youre a good woman I see. Theres nothing like a woman who holds compassion for a man in his time of emotional need. Im thinking he has a retirement account, right?

Don said...

@ karen: lol

Miss Snarky Pants said...

Hopefully the Analyst will find something and FAST because you're absolutely right in that the money unemployment gives you SUCKS.

Good to know your mom is settling in okay :-)

HOPE YOU HAVE A GREAT WEEKEND!!

Anonymous said...

does that mean he's staying on your couch?

david mcmahon said...

I hear you loud and clear. I hope The Analyst finds a job that enthuses him.

Wish him luck from me ...

lisa q. said...

i'll keep my fingers crossed for him...and for you...glad to hear your mom is doing so well...that must be such a relief!

Ann(ie) said...

Yeah, that's rough. Poor guy. $380 a week ain't much when you and your bills are used to 75k. I agree....you're being a good friend, girlie.

That rocks about your ma.

WrkNProgress said...

I am so glad your mom is doing well.

I do hope things work out for the analyst as well.

Adrianne said...

Okay I need an update?

The Ambiguous Blob said...

The Analyst moved out already, right??? Oh, I hope so.
If not... ugh. He's gonna be home a lot while he's not working.