Wednesday, September 15, 2010

The Break Up Dance

As most of you know, I am trying my damnedest to move to Atlanta. I have my house on the market and just waiting on someone to bite. Speaking of which, anybody in the market to buy a house? Anybody? Whateves.

I am really anxious and focused on this move and I am chomping at the bit to get it under way. I feel I am in limbo. I can not take on any real long term commitments here because I would have to leave them whether it's 6 weeks from now or 6 months, I am leaving. For this reason I am not really trying to date anyone either. I do not, and I repeat, I do not want to complicate things by getting involved with anyone then have to either break his heart or heaven forbid get MY heart broken with the inevitable break up dance.

I was speaking to a guy associate the other day and he was trying to fix me up with his friend who he thinks I would be perfect for. Yeah right. First off, this associate of mine is really, really a gross little man. He is just disgusting. I get repulsed when I see him. With that said, I really don't hold out much hope that his friend would be any prize. Secondly, I told this associate that I was not looking to get into anything. He kept trying to convince me and I finally relented and said, "Look, if he is open to the idea of moving away in the near future then I may entertain the idea of meeting him." Whatevs.

I am so focused on trying to get things laid out so that my move goes smoothly whenever it happens. Life for me right now is really good save for the fact I miss my mother like crazy. There is not a day that goes by that I don't think of her and miss her. This was not supposed to happen to her but I digress. Besides all that crap, life is really good. I am tolerating my friends here in Baltimore OK, my job is going great although I am bored but that's neither here nor there. I am meeting new friends that I am hanging out with and loving it. My Mary Kay business is going along swimmingly. Things are really great and I am just biding my time so I am NOT willing to complicate all that with a relationship.

If I did find myself in a relationship and had to end it because I was moving, that would be an easy excuse to walk away because the guy would undoubtedly know that this was coming. Or I could end up like The Pioneer Woman who met her "Marlboro Man" just as she was planning her move away as well and he completely put a monkey wrench in those plans. That would never happen to me nor would I want that because my time in Baltimore is really done but whatever.

If you got involved with someone and you realized it had to end for whatever reason how would you do it? How would you enter into that break up dance with someone as to not totally decimate them, unless they deserved it of course?


11 People saying stuff:

JStar said...

I understand your reasons for not wanting to pursue anything. Because that would be a bummer if you met a perfect guy right before you moved and then decided not to...

Moooooog35 said...

I don't care how you end it as long as you pay me before I go.

Tonya said...

Ugh we just sold our first home and it was horrible. We lost so much money but it only took 4 months. I would not want to start anything either...but if you meet someone and it was meant to be it will work itself out!

Just telling it like it is said...

gosh that is a hard one...But I can tell that you are a good woman because if the roles were reversed a man would take the here for now girl and then move without a problem...stay true to your heart it usually will not steer you wrong!I've never been good with relationships even thought I find myself in them all the time

Freckle Face Girl said...

I am not dating either because I plan to move back to Texas next summer... long time to wait, but I hate dating anyway. As for breaking up, well it is the reason I hate dating so I don't have any advice how to do it.

Anonymous said...

LOL at your description of your associate. And good luck on your move to Atlanta! I lived there for a couple years and I still miss it sometimes. :(

FRANK LOVE said...

You Cannot Trust Your Man

I recently had the pleasure of hanging out with an intelligent and established colleague, Kenya K. Stevens of JujuMama, LLC, author of Change Your Man. As we talked, the subject of working together came up. We decided to start with piggy-backing on one another’s blogs. And so, I’m happy to offer my take on her next blogging topic: “How to Trust Your Man.”

Ladies, brace yourselves: you cannot trust your man. Gentlemen, don’t feel left out; substitute woman for man as you read this blog and the same ideas will hold true. follow @ http://franklove.net/blog-2/

Frank Love

Jeni said...

The last relationship I was in was a long distance affair -I was here and he lived 2 states away from me. Things appeared to be going along just fine and dandy but then, he just sort of disappeared. Not completely as he was still just 2 states away but he just stopped cold, coming here at all! I've never been in the driver's seat with respect to any relationships -no control, ya know -but I could give you this guy's name and phone # and you could call him for instructions on how to just leave, walk away, no further contact at all, etc., etc. What sucks -I still miss the jackass! Dumb, huh? Guess that other old line "Always leave 'em wanting" is true.

Unknown said...

If it's meant to be, he will go to hell in a pair of gasoline soaked drawers to find you. (But, the odds are that if it's a creepy co-worker's friend...he may be creepy too).

I hope your wish comes true.

sunshinestar110 said...

I understand why a new relationship would be out of the question. but if you meet an amazing guy the distance won't matter to you or him...but on the other hand i can't say that if placed in the same situation that i would fight off relationships too.

Red Shoes said...

Last year this time, I was dating Laura... we really seemed to be firing on all cylinders... she told me that I was nice, funny, sexy... She was looking at moving her practice to another city... and one night she asked me if I planned to go with her. My response was that I would hope I was included in her plans. The next week, she gave me a nicely framed photo of the two of us. The very next week, right after sex, she told me that she didn't love me...

Blerk...

~shoes~