Thursday, May 14, 2009

Caught Between a Rock and A Hard Place

I met a boy! Yep, you read that correctly, I met a boy. I'm not as thrilled as that sounded however. He is the one that prompted that previous post over here.

Anyway, we'll call him Mr. Eager. Mr, Eager is a sweet, considerate, attentive, handsome man. The problem you ask? He talks to damn much.

He wants to talk every day, 60 times a day about nothing. When he's not talking to me he is texting me. He can rattle on about nothing for hours and I'm left on the phone wanting to cut my ears off and burn them.

He will ask me a question and before I can even answer he chimes in with something else he just has to tell me.

In addition, he says things like, "tooken" as in "took-in". Who says that? Who does not know that the word is "taken"? Seriously?

If he could just keep his mouth shut we just might have a shot. Is it too much to ask that he never talks? I'm just saying.


20 People saying stuff:

Jeni said...

Hmmm. Sounds like he's a bit like my older daughter's fiance -a very nice guy,he is but man, he drives me bonkers with his incessant conversations! But then too, I know he has an excuse -he's obsessive compulsive. So is that daughter although with her it doesn't manifest itself with the constant need to talk but rather, to shop! And, with him, if she is in the car, driving, he is obsessed with calling her on the cellphone virtually every 10 minutes simply to ask stupid things like "So, where are you now?" If I were living with him, he would be dead by now I'm afraid and I think I could even declare it a "justifiable homicide" too because he would have totally driven me completely bonkers!

shorty said...

Dick is a talker too. I know what you mean...Sometimes I scream inside my head...Shut up. I'm usually the one who can't get a question in edgewise.

It's good to have a guy that talks, better than one who only answers in one word sentences, but too much is nuts too.

Good Luck. Kiss him to stop him, that should work.

Karen said...

Um...is there any meaning to the fact that you annouced that you met "A BOY" and not "A MAN"? I am tired of meeting boys. I am looking for a man. :-)

B said...

That would drive me nuts. Have you said anything to him about it? Maybe he doesn't know he's a talker?

SingleLADY said...

This reminds me of the episode of Sex in the City when Carrie is going out with the guy who "played" her like an instrument, but just turned out to have ADD. I think your friend might have a severe case of ADD. Hope it turns out well.

Sandi McBride said...

I once dated a man who talked so much that it made my ears bleed...now I'm married to a man who only speaks his mind if he's annoyed...gives me more room to talk...and so far I've not noticed any blood coming from his ears! Loved this post, now dump this guy before you do something stupid!
Sandi

Trixie said...

Why can't we ever find the PERFECT bloke? There's always bleeding something!

CC Solomon said...

Well.. silence is golden. I'm not much for the talkers myself, especially the ones who aren't talking about anything! Drives me mad I tell ya!

rachaelgking said...

One word.

NEXT!

Melissa said...

If he's talking this much already, you know he's only going to get worse the more comfortable he gets with you.

Good luck!

Queen-Size funny bone said...

You know for every woman who complains that a man talks too much is another woman that complains her man doesn't talk at all. I personally would take a talking man any day because you can tell them to shut up when you've had enough. try to get a guy to talk, thats like impossible.lets face it we are never happy.

Hit 40 said...

This is tough. I do not like someone who talks just to talk. Very painful.

My mother in law does this.... she will comment on every item she sees out of the car window. Just shut up!!

The Ambiguous Blob said...

Mr. Perfect doesn't exist, but don't settle for less than Mr. Pretty good!!

Season said...

Oh man, I don't know if I could handle that. I'm a talker myself, although not to that level. It may be funny at first, but long term I'm sure it can be super annoying.

imbeingheldhostage said...

yeah, wasn't I pro this guy earlier? Well I changed my mind-- tooken?

n0days0ff said...

I have a friend like that .he talks soooooooooooooooooooooooooooo much.sometimes all I say is hi and he is already in a deep story.lol even his texts are fucking novels but at the end of it all that's my boy

Unknown said...

You're sooooooooo funny. I once dated a guy who was just like me and talked a ton. At first, I loved it. And then it was like a Seinfeld episode: no way I wanted to be dating myself!

lisaq said...

Two words hon. Duct. Tape.

CarmenSinCity said...

OH man! That sucks. You are going to get sick of him before you two even have a chance. He definitely needs to shut it down a little bit!

Dominique P. Smith said...

I agree with you Karen, boys = no, man = yes honey! I love your site Ms. Diva.

Please feel free to check out my new site...luvbeauti.blogspot.com