Wednesday, September 19, 2007

Dreams????

Do you believe some dreams are premonitions of what’s to come? Have you had dreams that have come true? I was talking to a friend the other day and that conversation prompted this blog post.

I personally have had certain dreams that have come true which makes me stand up and take notice when I do have a very vivid, memorable dream.

Here is one example of what I consider a dream that was actually a premonition. Here is a little background; a few years ago I was very much interested in a young man. I lived in Maryland and he lived in Georgia at the time. We talked constantly. It was great. I visited a girlfriend and her husband in Georgia on one occasion and this friend joined us. I was under the impression we were getting very close and I was enjoying it.

Well, as time went on I noticed a distance between us. We were not communicating like we should and I was feeling the space between us getting bigger.

It wasn’t long before I was beginning to suspect he was interested in another woman. I didn’t voice my feelings because I had no proof so I decided to just sit back and watch this thing unfold.

One night while in bed sleeping I had a dream. I dreamt my friend walked up three flights of stairs of an apartment building, knocked on the door several times and a young lady answered. She stepped outside and closed the door behind her. They walked a few feet to the stairs and sat down to talk. A few moments later I arrive at this apartment building and walk up the same stairs. I see the two of them chatting and cuddling on the steps. I look into the eyes of my friend and simply say, “What’s this?” The young lady looked at me, then at my friend and quietly stood up and walked back into her apartment to give my friend and me a little privacy. I looked at him again and asked, “Is this the woman you are interested in?”

He says, “Yes.” And lowers his head.

My heart sank as the realization of the situation hit me, “So this is the end for us isn’t it?”

He then says, “Yes. I’m sorry. I didn’t mean for this to happen.”

I immediately wake up with such a heavy heart but a clarity I hadn’t had before. I knew at that very moment that it was really and truly indeed over between us.

I counted down the hours until I was able to talk to him later that evening. I had every intention of getting this out in the open that night.

Well, sure enough, I call him and ask him flat out, “Is there another woman?”

He became silent for a minute then said, “Yes. It just kind of happened and I didn’t know how to tell you.”

18 People saying stuff:

minijonb said...

Yes, I believe dreams can be premonitions. And they are much more interesting when they are like your story and not like the movie "Premonition" which bit a big one.

DCchick said...

that would totally freak me out! i'd almost rather have the truly bizarre dreams... at least I know they would never happen.

Vi said...

god, I hope none of my dreams come true like that! Otherwise I'd be running over bears in the middle of the road!

CarmenSinCity said...

Wow! Interesting story. I think dreams are a way of getting our fears out, or possibly our women's intuition coming out.

So, since, you asked, me and the boyfriend broke up. I didn't want to make a big announcement to the blogger world about it, but basically he said he's bored with the relationship and that there is no drama. I swear to god. He likes drama and he said the relationship isn't exciting enough. Here I thought everything was going along all smoothly without much fighting, but who knew that he wanted me to fight with him? I just can't win some guys.

david mcmahon said...

G'day Diva,

Great post. Really enjoyed it. You've just reminded me of an amazing story of a dream someone else had. Wil post it this week.

Thanks for the memory jog.

Cheers

David

lisa q. said...

yep, i think they can be premonitions...i've had it happen to me several times...it's more of a deja vu kind of thing for me rather than the vivid memory of the dream and the clarity you had, but i do believe dreams can be powerful and can indeed give us a preview of the future...great post! :P

GurlNexxDoor said...

I think there is a connect between our gut and our what we dream. Some of them anyway.

The Ambiguous Blob said...

ouch. And yes, our dreams speak to us in a language that most of the time, we can't understand. It's those moments of clarity in the subconsious that shock the hell out of us.

dmarks said...

They can be premonitions, yes. A friend of mine taught at a college. One night she had a dream that some of her students were dying and were trying to remember what their former teacher taught them (survival stuff).

When she woke up she found there was a disaster overnight (now a rather famous one) in which several of her former students had died. Yes, this one is pretty serious.

DurtyMo said...

I am positive that your dreams "linked up" with what's happening to you in reality. Sometimes GOD can't reach us when we shuckin and jivin all day so HE comes when we are quiet. I believe!

Trenting said...

I had a dream the night before the birth of my son, my grandmother and I had never gotten along and in this dream, she apologized to me and told me that my son would be OK.. Brandon was born 6 weeks early -the next day.. I have no doubt in my mind that Grandma dear knew what was up and was reassuring me.. That was amazing after the fact..

KIKI said...

He always gives us sign...the question is are we listening?

Rita said...

I dont think i have premonitions, but most of my dreams have a meaning and in very specific occasions, what i dreamed happened in real life the same way they did in my dreams.

SavingDiva said...

Wow! I've never had anything like that happen....that would freak me out!

Adrianne said...

I was in love with this young man while and after I graduated high school he moved. Over the summer he came to visit me and he was not shy as he normal was. He asked me to move to with him to another state where he was living. I said are you joking, scared for the rejection thinking that this was a joke. He smiled and nothing more was said.

I had a dream a year later and I met his wife in my dream. I wanted to hate her because she was so nice and in my dream, the young man that I loved told me that I was one of his best friends.

I called him the next day after calling 411, 25 times. She answered the phone and then He called me back and said I just had a dream about you.

He came to my oldest son’s 3rd birthday party and I am friends with his wife. I believe dreams try to tell us something.

However the lottery one hasn’t come true yet!! LOL

*~*Cece*~* said...

I listen very carefully to my dreams. I've always been able to dream things & they come true.

Two years ago I had a dream that a really good internet friend of mine was pregnant. I,laughingly, posted it on our message board. Later that night she comes on, not having seen my post, and announces she's pregnant! I also dreamt she was having a girl & gues what? Yup. A girl.

I think of it more as a gift rather than freak out over it. ;-)

lilgracie said...

The same thing happens to me. The problem is I usually don't remember my dreams. I'll remember parts of it. And when it's about to happen, I can literally feel it. If only there was a way I could remember my dreams better?

I'd take it as a good thing that we can have premonitions.

Mizrepresent said...

Wow! Now that was something!