Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Ode to Summer

Summer oh Summer how I love thee. Our time together is always too short. It seems as if you show up, then 3 months later, you're gone again. There are so many things we hadn't done together like camping, hiking and swimming. Who the hell am I kidding, I don't do any of that crap but you get the gist of what I trying to say here.


Summer, we hadn't even gone on vacation yet and you are abandoning me already. In just a few short weeks you will gone again. Never to be seen for an entire year.


Sure, you give me a teasing glimpse of you during Indian Summer but that just proves to make me angrier because you are playing with my emotions and you know I hate when you play with my emotions.


Oh Summer. Winter is not as much fun as you are so I am getting a little more anxious with each day.


I thought we had something special but yet again you do this crap to me. You leave me every damn year... year after year and I accept it...year after year.


Your twin brother lives in Florida. It's always great there. He never leaves. I think I'm going to have to leave you here in Maryland and move to Florida. Sure it's full of old people with sun visors, sandals with socks and peddle pushers but that's a small price to pay to be warm and sun filled every day.

I hope you understand but this back and forth every year is wearing me down. I have to leave you once and for all. Florida here I come!!

19 People saying stuff:

Anonymous said...

It's hard to believe summer is over when it's still hitting 90 outside! :(

laughing said...

I'm getting older and don't like summer much anymore. There are pleasant things that happen when summer ends, like the motel room rates go down and there are less crowds if you can get away somewhere.

Today is a nice 82 degrees and there is a breeze and maybe a threat of rain but hardly any actual rain. I should go outside and do some work in the yard. I probably won't, because I'm too tired from not getting enough sleep last night, but the weather is nice and I should go out for a bit and not waste the nice day.

My summer regrets have more to do with being lazy and not getting ready for the stuff I'll be doing in the fall.

Moe Wanchuk said...

My old lady is like summer OR winter.

there's just no in between :/

Now me...I'm like HELLLLLL :)

Unknown said...

I really like your blog..

Scrapping My 2 Precious Gems said...

I wouldn't mind joining summer's twin in FL, but he hangs with some frightful fellows called Hurricane and Tropical Storms that scare the heck out of me!

Anonymous said...

lmao. you're too much.

Trixie said...

Summer didn't even really VISIT us in the UK this year. He must of spent most of the time with you!

ME said...

I'm sad to see Summer go away. It didn't last near long enough for me.

All-Mi-T [Thought Crime] Rawdawgbuffalo said...

yep, im gone miss it but it is like summer all the time in georgia

imbeingheldhostage said...

wow. There for a minute I thought you moved in next door and forgot to tell me. Summer didn't come visit you, either, huh? I kept waiting and waiting, but no show and now we're gearing up for cold nights and freezing fog. I'm going to Florida.

TravelDiva said...

LMBAO. I'm glad the heat is moving on. I'm a fall/spring person myself. Now if only it wasn't 94 degrees in D.C.!

Ann said...

We also have very large french-canadians with big beer bellies and back hair wearing little tiny speedos for about 6 months of the year.
The other 6 months, we have mosquitoes, 80+ percent humidity and the threat of hurricanes. But come on down, I've got the perfect house for you to buy. (so I can move to New Mexico, which has none of those).
:-)

Anonymous said...

I love summer, but am ok since football season comes right behind it.

Then there's always Vegas or Palm Springs for winter.

Billy said...

I am so glad Summer is gone! Sorry! Autumn is my favorite season.

Queen of the Mayhem said...

Just so you know...it feels like summer almost all year here too!


In case Florida doesn't work out.

We could cause some serious trouble here....regardless of the season!

Anonymous said...

I have to tell you, I'm so excited Summer is almost over.

Shai said...

As a summer baby, I am already depressed and shocked how fast the summer has gone by. *sigh*

KIKI said...

Yeah...Imma miss the summer too!

Gotta wear too many damn clothes in the winter!

Mizrepresent said...

BYE SUMMER, BYE SUMMER, BYE SUMMER!


HELLLLLLLLOOOOOO FALL!