Friday, January 15, 2010

Craziness

Hello bloggy friends. I'm sorry I did not put up the latest installment of Ask Tee this week but things got a little crazy here at the ol' 9to5 so I didn't have time. I will assuredly get back to the business of posting an Ask Tee letter next week so please don't forget to submit your letters.

In the meanwhile, since I have a few minutes I will update you on my dating adventures as of late. A few weeks ago I meet this gentleman that contacted me through an online website. At first "glance" dude seemed OK. I was all 'let's see what he's about'. Anyway, we finally get around to exchanging phone numbers and he calls. His voice did not match his face at all. OK, no big deal. Moving on. So we mainly text after that first conversation because he was having problems with his cell phone. Basically he was on a prepaid phone and was running out of minutes and apparently didn't have the money to "reup" the phone. Oooookkkkkk.

Then after about a week of texting his phone loses juice all together and we have zero communication. Then he finds that he has a few extra minutes so he call me out of the blue. I ask him what he did for a living. He tells me that he is looking for his next venture. Of course I had a serious side-eye going on after that. It seems that he is one of these MLM (multi level marketing) junkies that is always looking for his next easy get rich quick opportunity and actually doesn't have a real 9to5. Ooookkkkkk. Then to top it off he tells me that the picture he displayed on his profile page was not even him. It was some random dude from I don't know where.

I also find out dude has no car and no intention of getting one, he has horrible credit, no money and is living with his girlfriend that he is really unhappy with and wishes he could get away from but because he has no money he is stuck.

Then New Years comes around the next week and he calls me from a pay phone downtown because he has no minutes on his phone again and states that he wants to come to my house that night, the day before New Years Eve, and spend the night until the next day after which I'll drop him off somewhere (remember, he has no car) so he can spend New Years Eve evening and New Years day with his girlfriend. Keep in mind that we have never laid eyes on each other.

Me thinks he's a keeper.


18 People saying stuff:

Moooooog35 said...

There are still pay phones?

JStar said...

LMAO@ this loser...

Senorita said...

My first red flag was the prepaid phone.

I can't believe that he fessed up to his picture being fake.

Wow, no wonder I am so happy to be single.

The Dish said...

What a colassle douche. So, are you two dating exclusively now? You know, except for his girlfriend?

Queen-Size funny bone said...

His momma must be sooooo proud.

Noelle said...

Nice! I need the URL of that dating site (not! now sticking finger down throat and pretending to puke!).

Jeni said...

Oh yeah, he's a "keeper" alright! A keeper of the shovel as in it will be a cold day in hell before this guy has a prayer!

Just telling it like it is said...

Run away now...that is as bad as a time I met this guy and a month later I let him take me out in his 1970 velvet car that caught on fire on the way to the restaurant...it gets worse he had one ball

Me feels for you!!!

ParlinMom said...

WOW!!! the dating game is crazy. I can not even believe he has the nerve to continue to call you after all his "honesty" about his living and life situations.
you should put DNA (do not answer) next to his name in your cell and keep getting up.

tattytiara said...

All I can wonder is what must the woman who actually is dating him be like?

Lee said...

I am so glad that I am not dating...sorry!!

Renaissance Woman said...

This is my experience with dating sites! People can be whoever they want to pretend to be. It sucks!

Catherine said...

WOW. Just wow!

Julie D said...

Hi there! I'm a follower now!!! Be back to read more later!

Anonymous said...

By a keeper, do you mean you'll keep him locked in the basement for emergencies?

Red Shoes said...

LOL... this is GREAT!!! saddly enough, as long as people like us are single... and desire to not be... there is going to be dating... and more stories like this one!!

~shoes~

Liam said...

Muaaaahhhhh ha ha ha ha ha ha ha.

Come on. Have you ever thought he was just having you on?

This dude must have looooooser tattooed on his forehead.

Freckle Face Girl said...

Boy, I thought I had met a loser last week. Thanks for putting it in perspective. I am not sure what is worse the fact that all this was going on or that he told you about all of it. I usually think honesty is the best policy, but it is like he doesn’t even know he should be embarrassed about all of that.