Monday, March 12, 2007

Youth is defintely wasted on the young!

I must say that the old saying "Youth is wasted on the young" meant nothing to me until I became an "older woman". When the hell did I get old enough for these young pissant 20 somethings to start calling me...."maam"!!?? UGH!

On top of everything that comes with aging the young pissants think the world revolves around them. Yeah right. If you are not 29 or younger then you are OLD and thereby deemed useless and irreleveant.

This couldn't be further from the truth.

My little young friends, one day, you too will be 40 and looking at the world a whole lot differently then you do now.

I am alot more aware of who I am now. What I want and don't want. Things are a lot clearer now then in my 20's. Let's face it, my generation is still running things so I think we still have some relevence in this world.

I still strugggle with male/female relationship issues but hey, we all can't be perfect now can we?

So the next time you younguns start thinking an older person has nothing to offer and is disposable, please remember, that will be you in 20 years.

0 People saying stuff: