Friday, April 6, 2007

I can't take anymore!

Ok see I’ve had it! I’ve absolutely had it!! My abdomen is sore, both legs are achy. I can’t take it any more.

What is it I can’t take you ask………going to the gym with my boyfriend!!!! He is a tyrant!

“There you go! CRUNCH!!! CRUNCH!!!!”
“Let me feel it!!”“COME ON”
“One more!!”
“Give me another set of 10!!!”


I feel like I am working out with a drill sergeant! Maybe if I stab him in the eye with my pencil he won't feel so high and mighty then...huh?

As he is pushing me toward that one last sit up my body is screaming, "I'm going to kill you!!" I reluctantly complete the required sit ups then I hear, "Ok, now get ont he treadmill and alternate speeds from fast walking to jogging. Also alternate the incline."

"WHAT! You are out of your mind!" I hear my inner voice yelp but my audible voice says, "Alright." as I shlep my way over to the treadmills with my head down.

Is having a fine, svelte body worth all this torture??

I’ll tell you after I finish eating my potato chips on the way to the gym.

8 People saying stuff:

laughing said...

The only crunches I want anything to do with are the chocolate covered ones in candy bars from Nestle.

lisa q. said...

at least you have a boyfriend hon...the only voices i hear at the gym ordering me to do one more set or one more mile, are the ones in my head...haha...a boyfriend might very well be more effective...

Eileen Dover said...

Ugh. I dated a personal trainer, and he was hawwwwwwwwwt. I was in fantastic shape, but he didn't see me eating a double cheeseburger from McDonalds secretly, either.

Oh, the demons in my closet.

megabrooke said...

a couple that works out together stays together! :)

Anonymous said...

Hey so you didn't break up? Good! I am glad you're going with a buddy to the gym - even if it's him he will push you - go take a long warm bath this eveing..

Freckle Face Girl said...

Sounds like you have a free personal trainer. :) One advantage of staying with him.

Melissavina said...

Okay, working out with my boyfriend sound just about as exciting as driving nails through my temples. Yikes! No gracias.

CarmenSinCity said...

I do not like working out. I used to do it everyday and I was totally into a groove, but I still hated every minute of it. I've finally come to the realization that I would rather starve myself to stay thin.

One of these days I'll go back to the gym, because starving yourself to stay thin still doesn't make the cellulite go away. UGH!